This zine will be a celebration of LGBTQ writers and writing. Please take a moment to read through the guidelines set out below before submitting. Thank you.
What and how to submit
- This issue will be blind-read by Helen Rye and SmokeLong Quarterly Editor, Christopher Allen.
- Email all submissions to: EllipsisZineSubs@gmail.com and format the subject line of your email with ‘Five’ and title of your work. For example: Five – My Flash Fiction.
- Paste all submissions into the body of an email. Please don’t include any attachments.
- The word count should not exceed 800, excluding the title.
- Submissions close Midnight 3rd January 2019.
- Please confirm in your covering email if you identify as LGBTQ or if your piece includes LGBTQ characters/narratives.
- Only one piece per submission.
- We may ask for, or suggest minor edits/changes to your piece before publication.
- Unfortunately, we don’t accept simultaneous submissions for our printed issues.
- We will allow a small number of reprints for this issue. Please confirm in your email when and where your piece was previously published.
- No racism, sexism, homophobia or religious hatred. Sex is acceptable, if it is relevant to the piece.
- Only submit your own work.
- All published authors are entitled to a free copy, a discount of issues and a share in the royalties. See our royalties page for more details.
- The list of published authors will be posted on this page 17th January 2019.