*Submissions open 27 Nov. Due to an already overloaded inbox any submissions sent before this date can’t be considered.*
Please take a moment to read through the guidelines set out below before submitting. Thank you.
This will be the second in a series of three print and digital zines and so will have the extremely clever and witty title of ‘Two’. You have two options when submitting work for consideration to this publication:
1. Submit no more than 300 words, fiction or non-fiction, in response to the prompt word(s) ‘Two/Too/To’ (thanks to @JYSaville for the idea).
Any of these words can be included within your submission, form part of the title or a prompt for the narrative. Including the prompt word in the title is fine but the title can’t purely be one word. (I don’t want 50+ pieces entitled ‘Two’) Interpret the prompt word any way you see fit. Have fun with it.
2. Submit no more than 300 words, fiction or non-fiction, ignoring the prompt word(s) completely.
What and how to submit
- Submissions open 27 November 2017 and close 5 January 2018.
- The list of work selected for publication will be released 18 January 2018.
- The publication will be available in February 2018. Date to be confirmed.
- Email all submissions to: EllipsisZineSubs@gmail.com and format the subject line of your email as follows: Two – NonFiction – My Story Title.
- If your piece has been produced in response to the prompt word(s) please indicate this in your email.
- Paste all submissions into the body of an email. Please don’t include any attachments.
- The word limit is 300, excluding the title, although I’ll over-look a handful of words if you really can’t trim them out.
- Submit a maximum of two pieces for consideration.
- Submissions are open to anyone, whether previously published on the website, published in ‘One’ or not previously published.
- Submissions are independent to the website and so authors do not need to wait the usual 1 month before re-submitting work.
- If it comes down to it, we would be more inclined to select someone who hasn’t been published by us previously, over someone who has, to ensure we publish the broadest collection of writers as possible.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine but please let us know if you are accepted elsewhere as soon as possible.
- All submissions must be previously unpublished online or in print.
- No racism, sexism, homophobia or religious hatred.
- Please take a few moments to read some of the work on this site or purchase a copy of ‘One’ to get a flavour of the work we tend to publish.
- Please only submit your own work.
- We do not edit submissions before publication, so please check it thoroughly before submitting.
- It is expected that 50+ pieces will be chosen, based on the previous publication.
- The publication will include a mix of pieces written in response to the prompt and those that aren’t.
- All published authors are entitled to a free copy, a discount and share in the royalties. See our royalties page for more details.
There is an opportunity to submit an image to be used on the cover of the publication. For the record, I do already have an image in mind but I’m happy to consider an alternative.
- Photographers will be receive the same free copy, discount and royalty share as authors. See our royalties page for more details.
- All submissions need to be black and white.
- Please only submit your own work.
- Submit a maximum of two images for consideration.
- Email all submissions to: EllipsisZineSubs@gmail.com and format the subject line of your email as follows: Two – Photography.
- Only email low-res versions in the first instance.
- The image needs to somehow reflect ‘Two’
Image: Jesse Vermeulen