*Web submissions will close on 24 Nov and re-open again in the new year. Our second print zine, ‘Two’, is open for submissions from 27 Nov.*
Please take a moment to read through the guidelines set out below before submitting. Thank you.
What and how to submit
- Email all submissions to: EllipsisZineSubs@gmail.com and format the subject line of your email with the type of submission and title of your work. For example: NonFiction – My Story Title.
- Paste all submissions into the body of an email. Please don’t include any attachments.
- The word count should not exceed 1,000, excluding the title.
- Only one piece per submission.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine but please let us know if you are accepted elsewhere as soon as possible.
- All submissions must be previously unpublished online or in print. With the exception of work published on personal blogs. Please include a link to the original post.
- No racism, sexism, homophobia or religious hatred.
- Include a short bio of 50 words maximum with your submission, and/or up to three links to your personal website or social media accounts.
- Please wait one month before re-submitting, whether accepted for publication or not.
- All submitting authors, whether selected for publication or not, receive a discount of 10% off any of our printed zines.
What we like
We want to publish stories that make us forget where we are, stories that introduce us to people, places and things we’ve never seen before and stories that stick with us long after we leave them. Here are a few examples of work that we love:
Please also take a few moments to read some of the work on this site, to get a flavour of the work we generally publish.
By submitting to Ellipsis Zine you are granting us the non-exclusive right to publish your work online at EllipsisZine.com. Copyright will always remains with the writer. If your work is then subsequently reprinted elsewhere, please acknowledge Ellipsis Zine as the site of first publication.
Please, only submit your own work.
Unfortunately, we are unable to publish all the work that we are sent. Submissions can be declined for a variety of reasons but, more often than not, this is due to personal taste and limited space and not the quality of work submitted. We only publish four new pieces of work per week and so we have to pass on a lot more than we can currently accept. Although, we are planning to produce regular printed zines which will expand the amount of work we are able to publish.
We do not edit your submission before publication, so please check it thoroughly before submitting.
We will publish a royalty free stock image alongside every story (from unsplash.com or a similar website). If you have your own image or can point us to an image you’d prefer us to use, please let us know.
Our aim is to reply to anyone who submits work within seven days. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide feedback on stories not accepted for publication. Please feel free to follow up your submission if you haven’t heard back from us within 4 weeks.
Image: Tim Mossholder