Our ninth zine will be a collection of micro fiction and flash fiction of no more than 350 words. Please read the guidelines below before submitting your work because our approach to processing submissions has changed.
What and how to submit
- The working title is ‘A Pocketful of Flash’ but we will select one chosen piece to title this collection.
- There is no theme for this issue.
- Email all submissions to: EllipsisZineSubs@gmail.com and format the subject line of your email with the title of your work. For example: Nine – My Story Title.
- Paste all submissions into the body of an email. Please don’t include any attachments.
- The word count should not exceed 350, excluding the title.
- Maximum two submissions per author.
- We may ask for, or suggest minor edits/changes to your piece before publication.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine but please let us know if you are accepted elsewhere as soon as possible.
- All submissions must be currently unpublished online or in print. Pieces previously published on your personal blog or website are okay to submit, as are reprints from lit magazines that have folded or closed. Please highlight this in your submission.
- No racism, sexism, homophobia or religious hatred. Sex is acceptable if it is relevant to the piece.
- Submissions open, 10th May 2021
- Submissions close midnight, 23rd May 2021
- Author list published, 3rd June 2021
- Zine released, 28th June 2021
To ensure the long-term future of the print side of Ellipsis, we have revised how we take work for our publications. To submit work to this zine, you can do one of the following:
- Submit work without payment and receive a digital copy of the publication if one of your pieces is selected for inclusion.
- Submit work pay for a digital copy in advance. You’ll receive this copy regardless of whether your work is included. Cost: £3.00 for a maximum of two submissions.
- Submit work and pay for a print copy in advance. You’ll receive this copy regardless of whether your work is included. If your work is included, you’ll also receive a free digital copy as above. Cost: £4.00 for a maximum of two submissions.
- Sponsor an author on low income and allow them to submit and receive a digital or print copy of the publication. Cost: £3.00 or £4.00
Anyone with a current subscription can submit work free of charge and will receive their digital/print issue as normal.
Please make payments via the ‘Support Ellipsis’ link and add a note. For example: Nine digital copy / Nine print copy. Please also include your email/postal address.