Our tenth zine will be a collection of micro-fiction of 100 words. Please read the guidelines below before submitting your work because our approach to processing submissions has changed.
What and how to submit
The theme will be on items and objects found in antique and collectable shops, or the people that visit them. Please submit pieces on any subject or about anything found on these sorts of premises – clothes, books, jewellery, paintings, records, furniture, collectables, etc.
- Email all submissions to: EllipsisZineSubs@gmail.com. Format the subject line of your email with the title of your work, for example: EZ10 – Story Title.
- Paste all submissions into the body of an email, please don’t include any attachments.
- The word count should be a maximum of 100 words, excluding the title.
- A maximum of two submissions per author.
- We may ask for, or suggest minor edits/changes to your piece before publication.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine but please let us know if you are accepted elsewhere as soon as possible.
- All submissions must be currently unpublished online or in print. Pieces previously published on your personal blog or website are okay to submit, as are reprints from lit magazines that have folded or closed. Please highlight this in your submission.
- No racism, sexism, homophobia or religious hatred.
- Submissions close midnight, 30th September 2021
- Author list published, 7th October 2021
- Zine released, 31st October 2021
To ensure the long-term future of the print side of Ellipsis, we have revised how we take work for our publications. To submit work to this zine, you can do one of the following:
- Submit work without payment and receive a digital copy of the publication if one of your pieces is selected for inclusion.
- Submit work pay for a digital copy in advance. You’ll receive this copy regardless of whether your work is included. Cost: £3.00 for a maximum of two submissions.
- Submit work and pay for a print copy in advance. You’ll receive this copy regardless of whether your work is included. If your work is included, you’ll also receive a free digital copy as above. Cost: £4.00 for a maximum of two submissions.
- Sponsor an author on low income and allow them to submit and receive a digital or print copy of the publication. Cost: £3.00 or £4.00
Anyone with a current subscription can submit work free of charge and will receive their digital/print issue as normal.
Please make payments via the links below, adding a note. For example: EZ10 digital copy / EZ10 print copy. Please also include your email/postal address.