Our twelth zine will be a collection of myths, legends and fairytales of 1,000 words or fewer. Please read the guidelines below before submitting your work because our approach to processing submissions has changed.
What and how to submit
- Email all submissions to: EllipsisZineSubs@gmail.com. Format the subject line of your email with the title of your work, for example: EZ12 – Story Title.
- Paste all submissions into the body of an email, please don’t include any attachments.
- The word count should be a maximum of 1,000 words, excluding the title.
- A maximum of two submissions per author.
- We may ask for, or suggest minor edits/changes to your piece before publication.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine but please let us know if you are accepted elsewhere as soon as possible.
- All submissions must be currently unpublished online or in print. Pieces previously published on your personal blog or website are okay to submit, as are reprints from lit magazines that have folded or closed. Please highlight this in your submission.
- No racism, sexism, homophobia or religious hatred.
- Submissions close midnight, 31st August 2022
- Author list published, 9th September 2022
- Zine released, 30th September 2022
To ensure the long-term future of the print side of Ellipsis, we have revised how we take work for our publications. To submit work to this zine, you can do one of the following:
- Submit work without payment and receive a digital copy of the publication if one of your pieces is selected for inclusion.
- Submit work pay for a digital copy in advance. You’ll receive this copy regardless of whether your work is included. Cost: £3.00.
- Submit work and pay for a print copy in advance. You’ll receive this copy regardless of whether your work is included. If your work is included, you’ll also receive a free digital copy as above. Cost: £4.00.
- Sponsor an author on low income and allow them to submit and receive a digital or print copy of the publication. Cost: £3.00 or £4.00
Anyone with a current subscription can submit work free of charge and will receive their digital/print issue as normal.
Please make payments via the links below, adding a note. For example: EZ12 digital copy / EZ12 print copy. Please also include your email/postal address.